Tuesday, April 5, 2011

False Labor Pains



I Never thought I would say this... I had a False labor pains.
I was in so much pain on the 3rd. Then had another pain with
contractions coming every five minutes on the 4th of April.
They were slowly getting worse. I was not prepared for this day.
My hubby was finishing painting then decided he needed to
get more ready. I was trying to get a bag ready. While breathing
through these contractions. Kenton was calmer then me.
I was telling Kenton it was too early for me. Because of my
silly reasons. The guest room, babies room, and living room still
wasn't completed being painted and all. I was so frustrated!!! I still
had one more baby shower and felt not prepared to go into labor.

Yet while we were driving to the hospital. Kenton started this silly
English accent and I believe he was trying to lighten the mood. Plus,
I think he was just super excited, If he son were to come that
night. I started to laugh and became okay with knowing if he
came tonight I wouldn't worry so much. I have a great supporting
husband that just makes me laugh. Especially when I don't
want him to make me laugh. It's so good to have that in the home.

We got to the hospital and my stomach wasn't as bad with the
contractions. I was super surprised they were kind of going
away. I wish it would have done that at home. When I was
trying to calm it down by taking a warm bath (that didn't work).
We talked with the nurse and got everything about me in
the computer system. Hopefully we wont have to do the 100
questions next time we go in. She had me lay on my side
and hooked me up. She mentioned that I'm probably dilated
to a One. Which doesn't make since, because my doctor
has been saying I'm dilated to a two. Hum... Confused!
the nurse said "I have smaller fingers and your doctor has
bigger fingers, so everyone tells the dilations differently.
Wouldn't that all be the same??? Not different, just because
of your fingers. I'll have to talk with my doctor about that
on the eight, when we go in to see him. The nurse wasn't
concerned about the labor pains. Gave me some suggestions for
next time. Like drinking a full glass of water. Taking a warm bath.
Trying to lay down and relax. (Maybe like Meditation. lol)
She said if they just get worse then to come in and to not feel
stupid about coming in, just because it's better to be safe then
sorry.

I totally felt silly. I keep wondering if I should just wait until my
water breaks next time or I'm in so much pain I can't even walk
to the door. lol! I don't know what I'm going to do next time.
All I know was tonight was totally silly and Even though I had
a lot of questions answered and I have my bags packed now.
I feel more prepared. I did also realize what needs to really
get done before even a week from now. Hopefully the house
will be more painted and projects will get more done, so that
I can start getting my house back into order. I would LOVE that!

Everyone needs to know that I'm ok now. The nurse gave me
a sleeping pill and I've been taking it easy. Which is wonderful!
Sleep is good, Sleep is great, sleep is what I need to be doing now.
Good night wonderful world.

1 comment:

sheena and chris pointer said...

i was that way with both of my boys i went in thinking today is the day but they said no go home they were real nice about it and then the day came to be induce with them but the boys are two years apart