Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 3 - Heading Home

Continued story from Day 2...


(My little bug looks like a gangster. Totally wasn't the look
I was going for. I just wanted to make sure he was warm.)

The shifts changed again and I had a different doctor by 3AM.
I noticed my little boy was starting to struggle with his breathing
again and I asked the nurse if she could clean out his nose.
She said she wasn't going to do that because she said "it's
probably just inflammation and if I suction it, it would only make
it worse". I was a frustrated and asked again to have her to clean out
my babies nose and asked if she had read my babies charts and mentioned
that the dr. came and told her the full story. She slightly cleaned it
and said "Ok it's clean" She didn't touch it the rest of the
time we were there. No matter how many times I asked her.

Finally I was in tears because my baby literally couldn't breath and
He spit up and it got stuck and he started to choking on his
spit up. I started to freak out and cried even more. I finally
got him to start breathing again. I told her what happened
and she had an aditude and told me "Next time suck it out
and put him on his stomach and pat it out. He's fine that
happens" No it doesn't always happen like that!!! I've seen
a baby spit up and kind of choke. This was totally different.

She asked if we wanted to be discharged early? I told her Yes!
I wanted to get out of that dang hospital with all the
crazy nurses. We were all packed and a different pediatrician
came in. Can I say he was a little Cookie, and didn't know anything?
He came in I told him what was going on. He could obviously
hear that the sounds my baby was making wasn't normal, yet
he didn't NOTHING! He said "He sounds fine" and sent us
on our way. We got out little man in his car seat. Started
down the hall and listened to him cry and gasp for air.
The CNA would say "Awe that poor little guy, he sounds terrible."
YES Ya think so? Why wont you clean it out?

We got to the car and I ended up sitting in the back with my
baby. I started to cry on the way home and told my husband
"Our baby can't breath" He said "He's breathing" I replied "Yes,
but he struggling". We were literally 3 min. away from home and
our little man stopped breathing completely. His face went blue, purple,
his lips went gray. I started to scream and tried to open his mouth.
He wouldn't! I tried to get his seat belt off to see if I could get him to
breath. I was telling my husband "HE STOPPED BREATHING!!!".
We were then 1 min. away from home. Then his eyes rolled to the back
of his head. I got his seat belt off. We pulled into the driveway and
he gave out a HUGE cry. I told my husband "Oh good his color is
coming back, HURRY get him into the house." I took my sweet
baby and went up the stairs quickly. Had my husband RUN to the
store to buy saline. I tried to clean his nose out. I didn't get
anything out. I saw that he had thick black crusty's in his nose.

I saw a tooth pic at the end of a dental floss and started digging
at his nose. While he was struggling to breath. I got one side out
then the other side out and my little guy went completely quiet and
fell asleep. Poor little guy. He was so tired from fighting with
his breathing. I called my husband to let him know that he
was breathing and he was finally asleep.
Kenton said that he bought the saline. I was so happy my
husband was almost home. I never want to relive that experience
ever again! So glad my little bug is ok.
When we finally got things to settle down. My sister
Alysa comes walking in with a purple flower and
asked if I could hurry and make a boutonniere for
Kenzie. She had forgotten to pick up her flower from the
floral shop. I told her I could do it. I started working on
it and this is what I came up with. It looks good right?
So glad I had extra purple flowers to add to this.
I had Kenton meet up with them at Roosters where
they were eating. They look good right. Everybody say
"awe". I love my baby sister. She is amazing!
Kenton's dad came over with Donna and Andelyn over.
Grandpa loves to hold our little bug like a foot ball.
He totally loves it, falls right to sleep. Super cute!
Look how happy he is now that he got a nap AND he can
finally breath. Awe... So glad we are finally home!
We were so happy that Alysa, DJ, and Finley were
able to come down and visit with our little sport.
Finley LOVES her cousin. I think she totally wanted
to play. Hopefully someday he will LOVE to play. :0)

Thanks guys for coming over and being so supportive.
Nothings better then family.


No comments: