Monday, February 2, 2009

Sunshine Canyon

So on Sunday Nate wanted to go up to Sunshine Canyon
I was all up for getting out of town.
I was super excited to see how beautiful it was outside.
We get to Nates favorite spot and he has his guns
in the back of the car. He parks the car and asks
me if I have ever shot a gun before. I replied "No!"
He said "ok!!! well I am going to teach you."
I said " Are you serious???" I was thinking he was kidding
but he wasn't. He jumps out of the car and hands me ear
plugs and tells me to put them in so the sound doesn't
blow my ear drums out.

I put the ear pieces in. He tells me about what I need
to do, how to hold the gun. How to focus, and how to shoot
the gun. I was freaking out. I'm so scared of guns you have
no idea! I soon had the gun in my hand
and took a shot and Screamed It was so freaking scary.
I did it again, and again. Every time I screamed.
I then handed the gun to Nate. I didn't think I could
do it anymore. It was fun, now that I look back on it.
I think it will be awhile till I do that again.

Nate was a Sargent for the Military.
He taught people how to shoot guns, Yet he
clams he was a
Natzi in the shooting range.
He said that a lot of Sargent's Have Accidentally
gotten shot and killed in the shooting range,
because of careless people. Kind of a scary job
if you ask me. Yet he is a very good teacher.

No comments: