Sunday, May 24, 2009

Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ



I'm so sorry that I'm so late on telling everyone my favorite Talk on General conference in April 2009. Elder Kevin W. Pearson spoke on Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I fell in love with his talk, because in all honesty I had been struggling on and off again. I hadn't been myself since Brant and my break up. I'm doing alright now. Slowly making the climb back up to where I was before. For awhile there I gave up on any thought of temple marriage I was tired of this myth that seemed to never be right for me. I was tired of going from guy to guy. I was at my most spiritual high since I dated David D. back in 2005. Sad I know that's it's been that long ago. I love having the spirit in Relationships and in my life, in all honesty it was there, and then kicked me so hard after the break up I fell to almost my lowest faith I have ever been. Interesting I know... Tell me about it!

Alright I'm rambling... I want to tell you about this talk. Because it is simply amazing! First understand the doctrine of faith in Christ the son of the living God. "Strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ" (Bible Dictionary 669). Elder Bruce R. McConkie taught "Faith is a gift of God bestowed as a reward for personal righteousness." I know I haven't always been the best that I can be. I know that I do try, sometimes I get lost along the way. I always seem to find my way back to the iron rod. If we desire more faith, we must be more obedient.

However, "it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things... The Lord God gave unto man that he should act for himself. Wherefore, man could not act for himself save it should be that he was enticed by the one or the other" (2 Nephi 2:11, 16) Temptation is everywhere my friends. Walk ye in holy places, Choose right choices, Don't be in places or with friends that you know that you will be tempted by the evil one. I would know this by experience. I'm far from perfect. Yet try to live my life the best way I can everyday.

Faith and fear cannot coexist. You either have fear or you have faith. We NEED to constantly build our faith and overcome fear and destructive disbelief. The Saviour's teaching comparing faith to grain of mustard see recognizes this reality (Matthew 13:31-32) Ask this question to yourself "Is my own faith positive or negative?" I've noticed in many of my times that my faith is weary. Satan can influence you; but when it comes right down do it, we have no one but ourselves to blame.

~Elder Kevin W. Pearson refers to these influences as the "Six Destructive D's" He says that they have influence on you. As I like to see it as the Domino Affect. This happens all the time. I think if we learn and study these Six D's, then we wont follow into a pattern and fall off the path.

*First is doubt. It comes from a lack of confidence in one's self or abilities. It is inconsistent with our divine identity as children of God.

*Doubt leads to Discouragement. Discouragement comes from missed expectations. It can weaken your desire, and greater difficulty feeling and following the spirit. Discouragement and despair are the very antithesis of Faith.

*Discouragement leads to distraction, a lack of focus. It eliminates the focus the eye of faith requires. Discouragement and distraction are two of Satan's most effective tools, but they are also bad habits that we can create in ourself.

*Distraction leads to a lack of diligence, a reduced commitment to remain true and faithful and to carry on through despite hardship and disappointment. I have been known many times and have reduced any commitment. To the point of wanting to give up. I know with Faith or Re-gaining faith. We can over come hardships and trails that may come.

*If not reversed, this path ultimately leads to disobedience, which undermines the very basis of faith. We start to be disobedient to others and to ourself. We can become someone that we don't like. I hope to not see anyone on that road. Know who you are. Obey and love yourself. I know with myself it is hard to love others and to care about things and others. If I do not love myself and care about the things that I'm doing.

~The scriptures describe disbelief as the state of having chosen to harden one's heart. It is to be past felling. So the six D's - doubt, discouragement, distraction, lack of diligence, disobedience, and disbelief. All erode and destroy our faith. We can choose to avoid and overcome them.

Challenging time require that we over come these things. The Savior promises "If ye will have faith in me ye shall have power to do what-soever thing is expedient in me" (Moroni 7:33)

I hope you all don't mind me sharing my testimony on here. I know by a fact that if we ask of God, believe in God, have faith in him. Remember to ask of him, in his name. That we can over come many trials in our life. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that he lives and Personally leads his church though Pres. Monson, our living Prophet. I know with the things that I have been though and I'm still working on today. That if we choose to have faith and do those things that our father in heaven asks of us we can overcome many things. Amen!

Hey you can add a comment or you can tell me what your favorite talk was during General Conference. I would love to hear from all of you so go ahead leave a comment.

No comments: