Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Ten Virgins

What an exciting experience this was. I had the opportunity
to be in a program called The Ten Virgins,
based off of the New Testament. Good thing I don't look
Pregnant. I was able to hide my little belly with this dress.
I only had one month to memorize the song
"Lantern light" (Leora's song). I played Leora the wise virgin.
It is a song about Leora helping those that have lost their way.
She uses her light to the help the lost, the weary and the wounded.
She helps find their way back home.

I Loved playing Leora. The funny thing is while we were singing
we couldn't really hear the music. I was slowing my pace
down just so I could make sure I was on track on my solo. I felt like
since I couldn't hear I was wanting to go faster, but I didn't.
I'm so glad I didn't mess up. I was nervous that I would, just because
during practice the music was too loud and also the mic was
too loud that I could hear myself too much.
Also on top of that it was way too warm,
(I felt like I was going to pass out a few times)
there were little kids running around.
With all the craziness I was having a
hard time remembering the words to my song. lol! I just had
her start my music over. I know during the program
Aubrey had Kathy start her music over. It was really
hard to hear the music. lol! If it wasn't super loud
it was way too soft. I'm just glad the turn out was great.

The last song we sang with all the 10 virgins was called
"When he comes for me". I had a two small solo's
during it. It was so fun! The only down fall was it was
a little low key for me. I ended up pulling it off and making it work.
I totally forgot my lantern light for this song.
I guess you can say that I wasn't
very prepared and wise anymore. lol! It's ok! I was just
the only one that didn't have a light. I just had to laugh.
Silly forgetful pregnant Daisia
It was so exciting to be in this program with my sister.
Kathy was asking me who I knew that could sing alto.
I thought of my sister. She wanted me to listen to that song
and I quickly thought "my sister needs to sing this song".
I called Kathy up and told her I would talk with Aubrey.
I was so happy when Aubrey said she would sing it.

Aubrey ended up playing Nava. She sang "Easy to forget".
It's a song talking about how hard it is to remember,
but it is so easy to forget. She gets caught up with the
world. It is such a pretty song and Aubrey sang it
so well.

I love the fact that my Mom, Dad, my husband, and
my brother in law came to support us. I couldn't
look at my dad towards the end of my song.
He was getting all teary eyed and I was starting to get
chocked up! I felt the spirit so strong while the program was
going. I just wish we could have recorded it. I really
wanted it on video. Oh well! Good memories to remember
for a life time. I'm going to see if I can get it recorded so I
can have it on a CD. Hopefully I will get it done soon,
so I can post it on here so you all can hear it. :0)
Wouldn't that be fun?

Love you all. OH I almost forgot December 2nd is
my 20 week Pregnancy Mark! YAY! Half way Point. :0)

No comments: