Tuesday, December 7, 2010

20 Weeks 5 Days Ultrasound

Our baby is still a boy! lol! There was a better view but our
doctor missed it. So we are stuck with this picture. Oh well!
Not as good quality of pictures this time. I will explain why...

Ok so not what I expected my doctor visit to be like.
We went to our OB and he was behind 1 hour and
we had to wait forever just to get in. Only to
find out he was in a rush. We ended up in a different room
with different equipment. I believe this was so he could do a easy
quick scan and get out of the office
at a decent time. He tells us
that I have been gaining weight very well.
Then he turns on the screen and says
that Kayden has been growing very well.
He is now 15 oz. and is 5 days ahead of schedule.
It's so good to hear nothing but good news.
Then our doctor finishes and tells us he is sorry
to say but he is retiring from being an OB. He is
moving his practice from being an OB to going to be working with
veracious vains. This way he will not be "on call". From not having
any free weekends and working long hours in the office.
It is good for him, that way he can spend more time with family.

I don't know what I'm going to do
with out him. I have started to gain trust in our
doctor. Now I have to see someone else.
I don't know how I feel about it.
I guess it's OB hunting all over again.
Our doctor Recommended the new doctor.
Dr. Alejo. He has been in OB for 3 1/2 years.
OY! I don't think I like that idea.
I guess we will find out in 6 weeks if we want
to change doctors or not. Ugh!

This video is very fast and there isn't any
4D due to our doctor not having a lot of
time and trying to rush though clients.
I totally understand. Yet! I'm freaking out and
don't know what to do about finding a new
doctor. EEEK! I hope to get answers soon. :0)
Either Seeing Doctor Bierer whom is already
super busy or taking chances on new guy.
Time to pray about it. I really need some answers.




I'm excited for our visit in two weeks. Because we are going
to be doing the "targeted ultrasound". It is to help find if there is
any birth defects and they screen for certain
types of genetic conditions, such as Down syndrome.
I can't believe they can see all of that on this
ultrasound. It also checks the overall
growth and development of our baby.
It checks details of the baby's organs including
the face, ears, brain, heart, stomach, spine, kidneys,
bladder, bones, hands and feet.
Durning the targeted ultrasound it can often detect birth
defects such as cleft lip, open neural tube defects, major
heart defects and hydrocephaly. I'm excited to see
all the little details of our baby. It's going to be exciting!
Yay!

No comments: