Thursday, December 2, 2010

its a boy!!!

Alrighty... I really need to keep updated with my posts.
We went to the doctors on November 7th 2010. To find
out if our baby was a girl or a boy. Come to find out we are
actually having a boy. I was wondering because my instincts told
me it was a boy. When I had a dream it was a girl. Kind of confused me.
Kenton on the other hand wanted a boy to be first (To be the protector
or his sister. If we ever have a girl). Kenton also had a dream while we
were in Mexico and saw that it was a boy. He saw when he was a baby
to when he was just a child and also when he was an adult.
Kenton mentioned that his dreamed jumped around a lot.
Then come to find out that his dream was right put me in shock.
I've always called my bump a boy. lol!

While we were at the doctors office our doctor has always
been very nice and very helpful. I think he was excited to know
I was 17 weeks 1 day, and he was going to find out the babies sex.
Sound a little too early? Well if you watch the video they
are pretty high tech over there. Which has been a blessing
on my side. I always have to see and hear to know every
thing is ok. Which it was.

Kenton was standing by the bed this time. I'm glad I talked
to him the first time we went (he just sat on the chair and
watched the screen). But this time...
He was also so anxious to find out what the
babies sex was. I have been having pain in my lower
left side. Come to find out our little bundle of joy
has been camping out on his side in the left corner.
Ugh! Child that isn't very nice to do that to mommy. Our doctor was
having to move the ultrasound and as you can tell in
the video our baby was being a little difficult, but we
found the little one. We are just not getting the full
view like we did the first two times we went. The doctor
mentioned the bigger the baby gets this is how it is going
to be. Seeing that you can't get it all on one shot. That's ok
though. We had fun figuring everything out with the doctor.

After the Doctor did some measurements, he then asks me
"What's the sex that has the brains between the legs?". I was
puzzled because I was shocked he was asking a question like
that. I then reply with "A boy?" He laughs and looks at Kenton
and says "Girls never get that question wrong". I had to ask him
"Are you sure it's a boy?" He replies "I'm 85% positive". Well that
is better then 65%. lol! Then something comes on the screen
I point at it and say... "Is that the...?" and the doctor said
"Yes that is the penis". Well... that went straight to the point.
That finalized it. Our baby is 100% boy!

We had so much fun telling family over the thanksgiving week.
Aubrey and Adam found out first... Seeing that Kenton started off
with a story and Aubrey yells "I know what it is now" Then I covered
Kenton's mouth which confirmed it. lol! Then after we went to moms
a couple days before Thanksgiving. She opened our box (that had the
announcement in it). She was shocked and said "I don't know
what to do with boys". I don't either mom. I don't even know
what Kind of toys boys like to play with. lol! I'm sure I will
find out on this journey. We then told Kenton's family
at a Thanksgiving party. Kenton's mom opens up the box.
She was surprised to see it was a boy. She guessed wrong due
to a dream she also had. She had a dream it was a girl. Don't worry
Donna I had a dream of a little girl and it totally threw me off.
Then finally we went to dads house and announced it was
a boy. He had guessed girl. Seeing our luck with girls in this family.
Dad opened it and his reaction was the best we've seen yet.
Dad has always wanted a boy. Now he has a grandson.
So excited! Yet he was bummed that he wasn't one of
the very first to know about the sex. Yet I can't please
everyone. I sure did try to keep this a secret to make
it a great surprise. I'm happy that it ended up being one.

I have been thinking... Maybe our next baby will be a girl? lol!
Seeing that I wasn't the only one who had the dream
of a little girl. Interesting!


Here is our baby video. I hope you
enjoy it! We will have an updated one on the
seventh. So keep posted! :0)

No comments: