Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meeting the WHoLE FaMilY


I'm not going to lie. I was super nervious. When I heard that
Kenton wanted me to go to his moms side BBQ.
Then it was his grandpas birthday. So all of his dads
side of the family was going to be there.
I felt so bad because I could hardly remember
any names.

His grandma I met before at the dinner that we had
at his place. She made me Gluten Free sandwich bread.
It was so sweet of her to do that. I enjoyed there
company.

At the BBQ in Morgan UT. They had Hamburgers,
hot dogs, some kind of Mac and Cheese,
potato chips of different kinds.
His family was laughing because I looked like
I was on some kind of diet.
I had no bread and lots of veggies.
Kenton had 2 hamburgers and a hot dog with
no veggies. His sister in law just laughed and said,
yep they are sure dating you can tell. I didn't
know what that had anything to do with what we
were eating. lol!

Grandma soon had the kids have ice cream
Pistachio style. I brought my ice cream maker.
So I didn't feel left out, or was tempted to eat the ice cream.
I made soy strawberry ice cream. It was very yummy!

His family filled with questions about Celiac Disease.
I was happy to answer questions. Yet, I was sure the
shiny new toy for all to come and see.

On a side note! I thought it was so silly when Kentons
family was telling him that they always liked the girls
he brought over and that he shouldn't ruin this one.
I don't quite understand that one... He's only had one girl
friend that his family didn't really like.
Then come to find that I probably have had more
relationships then him. So my family should be saying
that kind of stuff to me. lol! Sounds about right.

No comments: