Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baby Bedroom Design in the works

Here are a few Ideas we have for the baby's room.
I'm super excited to see all the plans and Ideas finally coming
together. We have all the patterns and the materials picked out.
I can't wait for our tax returns to come so
I can go buy my fabric and start on
this lovely Bedroom set idea we have for our little man.

I have a funny story on why we decided on sewing all the
things for the baby's room instead of just buying one.
Well Kenton and I went to Babies R US and looked at all
the bedding sets. I wanted a jungle theme and Kenton
wanted more of a sports theme. I wasn't into the sports
theme as much, just because it looked more like a room
for a child in the 5th grade. Kenton didn't like the Jungle Theme
just because he said it looked too much like a little girls room.

Well after looking online and going a little nutty on trying
to find the right pattern that both of us could agree on. After looking
for a month online, I decided to
go with a plain pattern. No designs on it, no theme, just Blue and brown. lol!
We found one online that we both really liked. The only problem
was the ugly camel color on it. I didn't want to just spend money on
something I wasn't truly happy with. I ended up breaking and
came up with the idea to just make a custom babies
room set. I started going to all the fabric stores and picking
swatches of fabric. I had so many different swatches and so many
different colors. After playing with them for a while. I finally came
up with this wonderful pattern with these colors. Kenton and I both
LOVE IT!!!
This was just the beginning of our ideas for the room.
Which is including baby crib (Bed skirt, bed sheets, and bumper pads).
I will be making the curtains with that lovely blue material.
I have also found a beautiful sheer White material to go behind the
curtains. It has the same look as that blue material. I'm also adding
material to a lamp shade to match the room. This room is going to look
so darling once we finish it all up, and add little extra touches
to the room with the money we will be saving in the long run.
As well as what extra things we will need, that we didn't get from
baby showers. I'm excited that Kenton and I have a game plan. :0)

Let me know your thoughts on this baby room.
I love it! I hope you feel the same way.

No comments: