Sunday, October 10, 2010

Kenton's Birthday 10/10/10

On the 8th
I made Kenton some wonderful cupcakes 39 of them.
Yes not 40 I tossed one out. I ran out of frosting and I didn't
want to make more icing for one cupcake. My husband
was so wonderful for helping mix the cake mix while I mixed the
frosting with different colors. He is wonderful!

While we were waiting for the second batch of cupcakes
to cook. I cut Kenton's hair. It is short... just the way he
wanted it. If you ask me, my husband is spoiled! :0)
On the 9th
I surprised my husband by taking him to the aquarium in Sandy.
It was WAY TINY! Not what I was expecting... They make
it seem so big on their commercials. Kind of deceiving if you
ask me. Yet, we did make it fun that day. Duh It's Kenton and I. :0)

Kenton was excited to pet the sting rays. Although it was
really scary for me. I remember Steve Irwin died from a
Sting ray piercing his heart. I know they can't hurt you
from just petting them in the pool. I just didn't like the thought
of them stinging anyone.
I was more daring when I was little. lol!
Then Kenton said "It's so slimy". Then I was totally out of the game.
I wanted nothing to do with it. lol!
I thought this sea turtle was pretty cool! There was only one,
which made me sad to see that. It reminded me of
The Turtle Crash on finding Nemo! So cute!
In the aquarium they have an area they call "Africa"
Or as Kenton says "amazon room".
Kenton and I decided to chill out for a little bit in the boat. :0)
I thought this was really cool! Just a SMALL boat for little
kids. lol!
Kenton was sad to see that the ore was screwed into the ground.
But I guess he was "day dreaming" that this boat was
real, and he was really in Africa. lol!
Kissing an Octopus lol!
Kenton was a little jealous...
I then surprised Kenton with a treat to Texas Roadhouse.
He was so excited! He had been talking about this place since
I've known him. They said they had a gluten free menu.
I was surprised to know that it was, but there wasn't a GF menu.
The manager came up and gave us a list of things that I could
and couldn't have. I decided to order a few of the things that he told
me was gluten free. Yet the mushrooms were not gluten free,
as they said.

I started to get sick asked the waitress
to go double check and ask the cook to see if it was gluten free.
She did and came back and told us that it wasn't gluten free.
The manager came back and apologized for the mistake.
Then gave Kenton a free brownie and ice cream.
We also had a gift certificate for a free appetizer.
It was good to get a few things for free. Especially since
I was paying. lol!
Kenton's birthday was on the 10th

I turned all of Kenton's cupcakes into a cake lol!
I loved these candles. The wick burned the colors of
the candle. There was red, orange, blue, and green. It
was pretty cool and well worth the money I spent.
The little kids loved all the colors on the cake.
I believe one of my nieces just wanted the cupcakes. lol!
Kenton is Handsome in this picture. Me... not so much. lol!
Kenton was surprised to see that I had tossed him this wonderful
surprise party. Yet... He found out what was going on before it
happened which made me sad! I didn't want him to know until his
family started to show up. BOO! Oh well... We enjoyed
Lasagna, french bread, and salad. Then after we had
cupcakes and ice cream. It was a great party.
Thanks to the family that came and thank you to our good
friends Brady and Bonnie. We truly did love the fun
times with everyone. Such great memories to
cherish forever! :0)

Thank you to all those who brought cards and gifts.
Kenton really enjoyed them, we even got a few laughs
from all the funny cards. We were truly grateful!
Thank you also to Alysa for Helping mom make
our Gluten Free Lasagna today. It was really good.
I couldn't help make it this morning, I was not
well from our texas roadhouse meal.
Thanks to mom for helping put this all together.
I couldn't have done it without my mom.
She is defiantly a great helper.
Mom you're the best! Thanks for letting
us toss the party at your house. I know we didn't have
the room for everyone at our house or the table and seats.
I love you very much!

Oh! Kenton just reminded me it's our 6 month
anniversary today! Love you honey...
We made it for 1/2 a year. Wahoo!!!

No comments: