Saturday, October 16, 2010

Alysa's Baby shower


What a wonderful turn out for Alysa's baby shower. Talk about
being showered with GIFTS! It's so wonderful to see
family and friends all under one roof. The picture
above was all the little favors I made. It is so fun having
projects. They are surely one of my favorite things to do in life.
There were about 60 of these cute little favors.
Mom had told me that I was in charge of putting
these together. She didn't know what to fill the cups
with. so I bought those cute little mints that look
like Hersey kisses with white sprinkles on the
bottom. I tied it off with a cute bow around the tulle
with a colored binky. they turned out so super cute.
I thought I had a close up picture. I must have miss placed
it. Sorry!
These bibs were given to me by Grandma Harrison
before she got really sick. When she still lived at
her house. She told me I would do something good with
them. I held on to them, until now. I had this wonderful
feeling to give them to Alysa. She really hasn't inherited
anything from Grandma. I wanted her to have them.
There were five baby bibs. I crochet along the edges
and added some ribbon on the bottom. It turned out SUPER
CUTE. I had 3 dark pink ribbon bibs and 2 light pink ribbon bibs.
I'm truly happy that Alysa loved these bibs.
It was fun because Grandma made her one,
and becky made her 2 bibs. It was so fun to see
all the fun handmade gifts. Our family is truly talented.
My aunt had crochet a blanket. It was so cute.
My little niece grabbed the blanket and said
"My blanket". She is so attached to babies and
blankets. So cute!

Below is a close up picture of one of the bibs
I made for Alysa's baby.

I tried to go off the frog pattern on the bib and I bought
Alysa a little Frog. My little niece saw it at my house,
when I was babysitting her. She just feel in love with
this cute little frog. I guess when Alysa opened the
gift, my niece then yells "MY FROG!!" Goes up and
grabs the frog and really wouldn't let it go. lol!
Guess I'll have to get another frog for my house,
so when she comes over she will have the frog
there. Silly little girl.

No comments: