Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I need to Vent!

You are probably wondering why in the world does Daisia
Have picture of chipped wall on her blogspot. I am also glad
my husband allowed me to blog about all of this.

Back a few months ago around in January 2010 sometime.
We had a roommate move in. I was alright with it, though I wanted
rules for this main reason. #1 rule was if you break it you buy it.
Lets just say Majority of the rules went right out the window.
I wont add the other rules on here... just because. I don't
want to disclose those rules that were broken.

First I must add that I have found not just these three chips in
the room from their furniture and who knows what.
There were Exactly 14 chips on the wall, from my knowledge.
Not counting the scuff marks
on odd places and low places and something that might be
chocolate and something else...

Kenton had texted and asked him very nicely if they would
buy some plaster for only three dinks in the wall that we had
spotted. He only texted back "I will talk to my wife about it".

I was so sad to see scuff marks in the hall way, in their room,
and even in the hall way towards the door. I was sad to see a dent
In the ceiling where I had just painted. Now I have have to patch and
repaint it.
Secondly Kenton asked them very nicely if they could clean their
bathroom, before they leave. He didn't Text Kenton back.
May I remind you it has only been lightly
cleaned by them a couple times and deep cleaned by me once.
Since they have lived here. I felt like it was their
bathroom and they needed to keep up with the "up keep".
For being renters and all..
....I did not post pictures of that bathroom, because it was
really gross.....

When they got to the house and gathered the last of their
stuff to move out. I asked if they got Kenton's text and
if they could clean, and I asked if they needed any cleaning
items? He Mentioned it was ok, and they had the stuff to clean
the bathroom, and that he got his text message.

Right before they walked out. our roommate placed
her key on the counter and said good bye I asked if they cleaned?
She replied with No and she had excuse after another excuse.
One excuse was she didn't have cleaning supplies. Then
she mentioned that Jon had cleaned the bathroom
two days ago. (which was just taking out the trash, from the bathroom)
I mentioned again we had cleaning supplies for them.
Second excuse was that she didn't have "her" vacuum. I replied with
"I have a vacuum you can use". She said she would come back and
clean it. Then never again came back, nor did she or husband ever respond to
Kenton's text messages the next day after.

So frustrating! I need to mention that the tub was black
and looked like it hadn't been clean this whole time they
have been living here. I then come to find the carpet is soiled
and there was candle wax on the carpet.
The picture Below is Dirt from them leaving the window open
all the time. This was all around the trim in this room.
So gross. I was so sad to see that they couldn't even vacuum it
up. I felt so disrespected and so hurt all at the same time.

I have no Idea what we did to these two, but it all came down
to, a dirty room with dents and dirt with filth.
That we have to now clean and fix up. I don't know how
"he" could have cleaned the bathroom already. The sink looks like
It hadn't been cleaned with spots and crap
in the sink and around it, on top of the toilet was nothing
but dirt and dust. The tub was a mess. I didn't want
to post those pictures, even though I had them. As
I mentioned above.

IN the long run... I have just decided I think it's going to
be a long time before I get the guts to EVER rent my
house out again. My friend had mentioned that it could
of been worse, for he has had to deal with it before.
He was in more of a mess then we are.
If we do ever have renters. There will be a deposit, for if this
kind of stuff if it ever comes around.
If you are wondering why I have an open vent on my blog.
It is a reminder on how many times I had caught this
open while their window was wide open. So sad to see
that every time we asked if the vent was closed. They
responded with "yes". When It was obviously open.
I don't like it when people lie straight to my face. Makes
me sad. Especially when I Know the true answer.
Sorry this is long. I just have been so sad and hurt over all
of this. I know another story that happened was with
our roommates in the kitchen. That seemed to occur every night.
How old are we children? How many times
do I have to say "Please clean up your dishes". I believe this
was an everyday text to these guys.

Secondly you all know I have Celiac Disease.
Have you ever heard of Cross contamination?
I have gotten sick countless times because of the
counters of my own house. I stopped eating so much
in my own kitchen. The smallest things would get me sick.
Say for instance they would make a sandwich earlier in the day.
They don't wipe down the counter and I would place
my food on the counter while making my own food, later
in the day. I would be so sick,
then come to find out, that I remembered that they
were making sandwiches earlier in the day. I would
be so sick by the end of the day.

Kenton and I would clean up dishes and wipe down
their pizza mess. Mention it was their and then
having them look at us like they had no idea what
they were talking about. I had brought this
up to their attention. I was kind of tired of the
attitude of them acting like they didn't know
what we were talking about. I finally had
to tell our roommates about how serious my
condition is. It is so bad I have Kenton
wash his face and brush his teeth after
eating gluten. Because I get sick if he kisses me,
and he didn't wash up. I was very nice
bringing it across to our roommates attention about
keeping things clean and knowing how serious my condition was.
He then went up the stairs and slammed the door. I was shacking
so badly that I started to cry and was wondering
why they just don't get it.

We would usually ask them to use the clorox wipes on
the counters. Yet that was a very hard task for them
to do....I have to mention that we are not a hotel.
We sure felt like we were running one though.
From buying extra dishwasher soap, garbage bags,
extra paper towel etc.

Someone mentioned
When I asked them "what should I do with all of this?"
He mentioned these two love birds were getting us
ready for kids. I do believe that if it is your own kids
it is a little different from renters. Even step kids
are treated with the same respect as your own kids.
I even know that when I was a nanny, I treated
them as my own kids, and I treated their house
as if it were my own house.
This is just different. Renters should be respectful.
I believe we've only had one decent renter.
He went over and beyond. Maybe we
should only rent to business men that
are also very clean from now on. (This goes for that
cute/sweet Andelyn who rented from us as well).

Treat our house with Love and Respect!
I promise you it will do the same from you
in return. Our house is a home, welcome
to friends and family. We plan to have many parties.
Filled with Love! I look forward to the day
when we can fill this house with more laughter,
sunshine, and lots of good memories...
With the people we love.

No comments: