Thursday, September 30, 2010

Honey-Balsamic Lamb Chops Or Pork Chops

I promise this will be my last food blog for awhile.
I just HAVE to let you know all my favorite dinner/ lunch
meals that I have done. I just had to share. Try them.
I promise you, it's amazing.

I think I have made this dish a few times for Kenton.
The first time was fore some friends that came over,
Brady and Bonnie. It's been awhile since i've made this
dish, but still the concept applies. I couldn't find my original
picture of this. It looks just the same. Sorry Giada for
taking your picture off your network.

I add that you can use Pork chops instead of those
expensive Lamb Chops. I Went to the store and
bought the pock chops on the bone. Don't buy the thin
kind. My husband like them... Yet the down fall.
They cook way too fast, plus you don't get a lot of
juice that way. If you like it dry. Go on a head and
cook that kind. I wont stop you. I just prefer
the thicker kind.

Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 3/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 8 small lamb chops
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves

Directions

Place a grill pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.

In the bowl of a food processor, combine the balsamic vinegar, garlic, and honey. Pulse until blended. With the machine running, slowly pour in the vegetable oil until the mixture is smooth and forms a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary. Grill the lamb chops for 2 to 3 minutes each side until medium-rare.

Arrange the lamb chops on a platter. Spoon the sauce over the top or serve the sauce on the side.


***Don't over do your sauce. It will over power it and wont taste as good. Just drizzle it,

Make it look pretty. If you like it and want more then go ahead.


I like to make a gravy with the drippings. just spoon out the herbs in the pan.

Or leave it. It's just rosemary give it a little more flavor.

If you chopped it fine, then you should be ok.

If there is more then desired just spoon it out. Try not to get the meat juices out.

You'll need that for the gravy.


I usually add water to my pan. Then I bring to a boil on medium heat.

add corn starch mixed with water (into a small bowel)

pour slowly into the warm water.

Stir quickly and add until thickens (you don't have to use

all the corn starch/ water mix).

If it looks like a gravy stop pouring.

Add salt and pepper to taste. If you added too much

cornstarch mix. You might want to add more water to your

gravy. Now pray for the best.

~Add gravy to your lovely potatoes.


I love serving Corn with this dish.

Remember to neer forget your vegetables :0)

1 comment:

The Averys said...

Yum! I have never cooked lamb or pork chops before but I'll have to give this a try!