Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Sweet Beautiful Grandma Verna


My beautiful Grandma Verna Died last night
Peacefully last night. I believe it was very hard to take it
all in. I was preparing myself. I felt like her time was coming up.
I am close with my Grandma, she told my dad I was her
favorite because I would call her and visit majority of the time.
She was very loved by me.

When I was 15 I lived with her for a bit. Off and on.
She would let me have the guest room, she would
wake me up early in the morning. Which I thought
was really cute. She lived a much slower pace.
The way that I wish I knew how to do.
Grandma loved the help and appreciated the little things

I would usually go over to her house when I was 16-17 Cleaning
her house out and talking with her, while I had Herbal
Tea and she would have her coffee. She would tell me
stories about her life and the things that I should
stay away from and what to go looking for.
My grandma was wise for her age. When I turned 18 I would
just come over to visit with Grandpa and Grandma.
It was fun to watch them interact with one another.
Funny yet adorable.

I remember leaving to Virgina when I was 19.
I would call her on the phone. The one time that I didn't
like was when she got really really ill. I ended up
getting depressed. I called her every day to the hospital.
Sometimes she wouldn't remember that I had called.
It was really hard on me. I remember coming home.
Visited with her for awhile. I almost didn't want to leave.

When I turned to the age of 20 I would still call her
and tell her how I have been doing and
see her at every outing. Sit by her and we would just talk.
I felt bad that my Uncle Raylin kicked her out of her own
house, due to being very selfish. When I was 21 I took a another leap
for Chicago. Calling grandma at random times to let her know
I was OK! She would always ask if I was dating some one
and if he was a good guy.

Grandma was very unique. She had done things a certain
way. Like drinking warm water from the tap
over and over again. She would make coffee and
have little treats with them. Little tea time.
Grandma loved her kids even her grand kids.
She used to collect dolls. Lots of them.
She told us that once she had passed on
Each grand daughter got to keep one of them,
in memory of her.

Grandma loved to hear people sing.
When I was 22 I came home and saw her at a
reunion. She started to cry to me and told me that she
had fallen again. She told me that she was always
in pain and she didn't like the place where she was living.
I held her hand and stayed by her side for some time.

Grandma soon ended up in the hospital shortly
after dad came out of the hospital with
his mild heart attack. The nurse gave
grandma the wrong pills and she got really sick.
I came straight over with Brant.
I went back and was with Grandma with
Grandpa. She was looking ok.
I stayed by her side. The nurse wanted
her to drink some orange juice to get some
liquids in her. I got her to drink all of it.
It was good to see her awake and talking
with me like we always did.
It was really hard to see her like this.
But I'm happy I was there to help in some way.

I want to thank those who came with me around
Christmas time to sing to my Grandparents.
She was so delighted she talked about it all the time.
How we came over and sang Christmas songs to her.
Her and Grandpa were going though some hard times
and they were so mad at everything. Just un happy.
She was smiling, I will always remember her
beautiful smile.

Grandma was a very special person to me.
I will never ever forget you grandma.
I will never forget our long talks. What you have
taught me. I will never forget how much you loved so
much with all of your heart, and tried to keep up
with everyone in their lives.
Grandma you were a great person. You left an
indent in my heart that I can carry on and share
with my kids all the many many stories.

I want to end with a song that Grandma always
had me sing to her. Because her mom would
always sing it to her before bed. Called 'O my father'

When I leave this frail existence,

When I lay this mortal by,

Father, Mother, may I meet you

In your royal courts on high?

Then, at length, when I’ve completed

All you sent me forth to do,

With your mutual approbation

Let me come and dwell with you.




No comments: