Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday



Alright everyone it is easter Sunday.
A Beautiful day at that. I have loved every second of
today. Nice day to be with the family.
I missed church today. I wasn't feeling at my best.
It was fun, because mom and Kenzie came home
from there California trip. It was getting really lonely
with out them there. Kenzie was sleeping by the time
I got out of bed. Mom was tired herself and didn't go down
for a nap until she got the laundry going.

Later mom made funeral potato's, Ham, Hot rolls, green
beans and corn< (Because Adam wanted some corn). OH! I can't forget the orange jello with the pineapple in it. It was a good day. Aubrey and her hubby with her cute two kids came over. My little Niece came up to me and showed me her dress, she looked beautiful as you can tell by these pictures. I was happy to see these beautiful girls over at the house, all dressed up. I felt left out. lol Alysa was coming late so we didn't get to eat till she got there. Which was alright. We were keeping ourselves entertained By the little ones opening their gift from My mom. She bought them cute matching outfits. Which were adorable, with bracelets. It was really nice to sit and visit with the family. Have all my moms girls there. I'm sure Adam felt a little out of place with 7 girls in the house. LOL I'm just kidding. I'm sure he didn't mind. Later after dinner and visiting. I went over to go see my Grandma and Grandpa. They are at a Rest home. I made my grandma some Norwegian Cookies. I've been meaning to see her for some time. I got this great Idea to make her favorite danish desert. Ok, I have to tell you how the night roll played that night because it is kind of funny. My Grandpa is blind and Grandma has dementia and is bounded to her wheel chair. I knocked on the door (I brought my friend Tony with me because he helped me make the Danish desert). It was about 1030PM They are always up super late. Grandma didn't recognize me with my hat on, Grandpa can't see, and we had a screaming match though the door. Grandpa would say "Who is it?" I would say "It's Daisia" and he would reply with "Who?" Finally after five minutes of this. I started to add things like "Lyle's daughter Daisia". I was trying not to laugh, but it was getting kind of funny. Finally Grandpa looked at Grandma and said "Oh! It's just Daisia". They are too cute. Grandma just glowed when she saw me. She had to tell me thank you then added "Daisia is always with a new guy every time she comes to see me" I went bright red, Tony's eyes almost popped out of his head. I didn't want to say no I don't right in front of her. She told us stories about her faster kids, about grandpa's war. They then talked about the farm they used to have. Then bickered about how much money they get from the state, and how they never see it. We talked about the family and how everyone had been doing. Grandpa told me how his back always hurts. They talked about there love for one another, and how they met. Grandma said she didn't like grandpa when she first saw him, and told her mother he was too skinny. So her mom fattened him right up. 45 pounds! wow! Then he went off to the military. I think? It was fun talking about so many things. I could see that grandma was having a good day. Then she told me that my danish desert didn't have any sugar on it. (which I forgot to put on) She then added they were too thick. I liked the ending of her saying "You need to have these with coffee" I was thinking by then it was 1130pm and there was no way that she was getting coffee this late at night. Grandma looked beautiful and happy. Grandpa was chipper and loved the snacks. I hope to find a husband that I can stick by my side. I have been though so many relationships that sometimes I just give up hope then I see them, I want to have there love. I have always looked up to them. They sure have their ups and downs with each other, but they still love each other deeply. He never leaves her side and Grandma never leaves his. They are like the perfect love story. No matter what happens in this life. Stick by the ones that you love the most. Cherish them with all your heart. Give them your all and they will do the same back. Remember bumpy roads come to us, but never give up on them no matter what. Always keep going forward with what ever you are doing in this life. It was nice that Tony got to see that. He has never seen such a happy couple that were old or young. He said when we walked out. "I want that." I said "what do you want". He Mentioned that he wanted there love. To have and to hold tell death do they part. But still love them as time goes on. The greatest thing in life is to love and to be loved in return!

No comments: