Thursday, May 5, 2011

2 Week Appointment and Circumcised

Our little one had his first Appointment with the
Dr. He was so brave and has grown

My sons now 7 pounds 4 oz and 21 inches long. He was
a brave little boy today. Two week shorts and was circumcised
today. I didnt handle that too well. Cried and almost passed out. Oy!

Nothing is harder then watching your baby cry.
I never thought I could get seriously attached to something.
Especially a baby. I was like blood No big deal. Oh small
surgery "No big deal". Cry that is ok.. the pain isn't mine.
The nurse asked if Kenton wanted to go back he said yes.
My heart eminently wanted to follow. I told the nurse I wanted
to go. She was like "Are you sure you want to go back?" I said Yes!
She was like ok... but no throwing up. If you can't handle it. Step
out side.

As they were doing the procedure Kayden started to cry.
I started to tear up. I have never heard a baby cry like that.
I looked up and cleared my eyes and looked again. I soon
almost passed out. It was the hardest thing ever.
I have a greater respect for doctors that can do this.

I didn't care much about circumcision before, until
I read about all the infections, diseases, etc they could get.
I'm not downing or look bad at moms that didn't get there kids
circumcised. That is their decision and I support your decision.
I know every mom can take care of kids the way they need to.
I hope that moms don't look down on me for doing it.

I will say I'm happy with my decision yet I never knew how hard it
was going to be on me to watch it. Next time I will wait until they
are done and then comfort my little one. Sad that they couldn't
do it at the hospital. Get all the hard stuff done at the beginning.
Instead of dragging it on. Silly Dr's!
I have a love hate relationship with them.

No comments: