Monday, March 29, 2010

Long Hair

I decided to go a little daring. I needed a changed and wanted
some volume for the wedding day. It's so fun what a little dye
and extensions can do to your look. I wasn't happy when
I dyed it the first time and I thought I would share the story.

After my birthday in February I decided that It was time to
give my look a lift. I got my hair highlighted. Not aware that a
partial highlight was going to be $50.00. It wasn't done the
way I talked with her on the phone, I just assumed when she
got the stuff out that she remembered. I wanted two colors
mixed into my hair, a cream, and a highlight. My hair was just
Bleached! Plus she when she gave me the highlights she was lazy
doing so and didn't get it all the way to the scalp. I could see a gap on
my bangs. That was just a total no no!

I kept my hair like that for a good month.
I was getting frustrated, because
when kenton and I took our engagements I dyed my under color
darker. Well over time it became an ugly orange. Now
I had an ugly orange underneath, my natural color on the sides
and then bleach highlights on the top. What else could go
wrong I thought. I didn't have another 50.00$ for her to fix
what she messed up and I didn't have money to fix the whole
head with an under color.

At the end I was tired of my hair not getting fixed and
no one really available that could do it for a wedding gift.
My bridals were in a week at that point and i didn't
want something dark, but not too dark. Almost a medium brown is
what I was going for. You have to get it done and then
wash it a few times and then it starts to lighten up. I soon went
to Sally's and talked with a lady about me just doing it. I told
her the look I was going for. She soon said Put 4G in your hair.
I thought alright. I soon went to Riverton store to get a second
opinion and she agreed with the lady at the Layton store.
I still felt it was a tad too dark. So that next day I was in
Bountiful working out and then decided to go to the
Bountiful store. She mentioned that since I was looking for a
5G color that I should mix 4G and 6G. <>
a medium. I never knew that your not supposed to mix
two golden together. For me it sounded like pure science.

I went home and mixed it and soon put it in my hair. My hair
turned ORANGE! I was freaking out! I started to cry and
went straight over to the layton store and told them the
whole delima and asked how to fix it. She said
you never mix two golden and you never mix a dark
to might a light. Then she gave me two 5AA and one 5(something).
It was more like an ash color to counteract the Red and orange
in my hair. After that it was a little dark, yet she said "It will
lighten up over in time." I was ok with the fact of knowing
that It will lighten up more.

I went back and bought the extensions. I realized that they
were a tad longer then I though. I know that once the
wedding is over I was going to have someone cut just
an inch off and layer it a bit. They were so cute
and fun for the bridals. I will have to show you after the
wedding. Due to Kenton might see it if i post it this soon.

I love you all and remember stay away from crazy girls
that want to put two goldens in your hair when you
want to dye your hair. :0)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Before my bridals I went and got my hair highlighted and quite to my surprise (though i expected it to be super expensive) it was about 200 +. Anyways I thought she did an okay job though she didn't get all the way to the roots. She gave some excuse why but I found it odd. It looked okay though and worked out for the wedding since I curled my hair. But then afterwards whenever I got a haircut or ran into a hair professional they bashed on the girls work. And as it has grown out it has just began to look worse. I wear my hair straight and it was basically like she dyed my whole head the light color. When i saw pictures the other day I decided it has to change. So i am probably going to dye it a dark brown like you did and cut it short. Most expensive and worse dye job I have had.

I can't wait to see your bridals.